There was a point in time when yoga was a strictly Oriental institution. Its practice was restricted to India and a few other neighbouring countries where its spread. However, during British colonialism, the Western world came in contact with this spiritual practice. Gradually, many countries in the West were introduced to it. Soon, more and more people started adopting yoga and it spread like wildfire. People started realising the many benefits of doing yoga. However, as with anything that propagates, the original philosophy of yoga mutated highly when people adopted it in other countries. A way of life became degraded to a form of exercise. But, there have been many “revolutions” that have to lead to the revival of yoga in its original form. People are now running after yoga schools that teach yoga as a lifestyle instead of as a workout. Naturally, yoga in Rishikesh has come to the forefront.
Yoga learning and yoga teacher training in Rishikesh has undergone little change throughout the years. It has maintained its austere format even today. It is true that many new yoga schools in Rishikesh have cropped up. But the old schools and ashrams are still as in demand as they used to be. After all, Rishikesh is and has always been the yoga capital of the world. People from all over India, as well as the world, come to Rishikesh to learn yoga from the best. You will find a range of yoga courses in Rishikesh to choose from. Whether you want to learn yoga or get yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India, you will find a school of your choice here. Every yoga enthusiast wants to experience the magic of yoga in Rishikesh.
Why Should You Learn Yoga in Rishikesh
If you have been looking around places to go to yoga school in, Rishikesh should be at the top of your list. The reasons for that are plenty. Here, we have mentioned a few of these:
- For a long time, yoga classes in Rishikesh did not admit students from outside. This was in keeping with the old traditions in which a guru taught a counted number of students who proved worthy of his time and effort. Although the rules were much slacker, admission of students was still a highly screened process. But once the schools and ashrams of Rishikesh opened to students from everywhere, people scrambled to learn there. People the world over knew that yoga learning course in Rishikesh was of the highest grade in the world.
- You can choose between traditional ashrams and modern schools for yoga training in Rishikesh. In the case of the former, you will be learning yoga as a way of life, as a philosophy, as a means to achieve salvation. But if the global teaching style is more up your alley, you can always choose one of the institute-model yoga schools.
- Rishikesh is one of the holiest places in the world. The holy river Ganga flows through Rishikesh. There are numerous temples, ashrams, pilgrims and yogis in the city. The atmosphere is such that you will automatically get into a spiritual mindset.
- Rishikesh offers courses in all styles of yoga. Whether you are looking for Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Yin Yoga, Power Yoga, Restorative Yoga or even multi-style yoga certification course in Rishikesh, you will find it. You will also find all types of courses here, from yoga learning to yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh.
- The grade of teaching is the highest here in the world. You will be taught by original yogis who learnt the craft as it was handed down through generations of pedagogy in ashrams. There will be no dilution or mutation in the teachings. You will learn the true meaning and essence of yoga in India.
- The courses of yoga in Rishikesh are all quite budget-friendly. The yogis here only charge as much as they need to run the school. They themselves lead frugal lives free of greed. There is no lookout for profit here.
- The unpolluted, pristine environment of Rishikesh provides the healthiest location for learning yoga. It helps truly purify your body as you purify your mind. At the same time, there is no hustle and bustle of the city either. So, there are no distractions and you will be able to concentrate easily when learning yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
- Although Rishikesh is not in the middle of the city, you will still find all the necessary amenities close by. Since it is a major tourist destination, you will find no lack of facilities anywhere.
- There are a lot of secondary activities you can do in Rishikesh too. There is the opportunity to go sightseeing, mountaineering, rafting and do much more during your stay.
What Courses Can I Learn in Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh
There are numerous types of courses that you can take in yoga instructor course in Rishikesh. No matter what your level of experience or expertise, you will find a course that suits you. Some of the popular options are:
- Yoga learning courses. You will find various courses to teach students at different points of the learning curve. Courses of beginner, intermediate as well as expert levels are available.
- Yoga teacher training courses. Courses can be 200-hour, 300-hour, 500-hour and even 100-hour and 50-hour.
- Yoga drop-in classes. Yogis conduct these throughout the year or season.
- Yoga immersion courses. They are often combined with meditation and other practices.
- Yoga retreats. Rishikesh is a very popular spot for yoga retreats due to the scenic location in the hills and by the Ganges.
- Yoga courses are available in all known styles of yoga.
- You will find schools that are registered with Yoga Alliance as well as those that are not. It would be wrong to judge the quality of the course on this basis. After all, many powerful, reputed yogis feel that the curriculum of Yoga Alliance is restrictive to holistic development through yoga.
Which is the Best Place to Go for Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
If you are searching for a world-renowned, Yoga Alliance certified school to learn yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, look no further. Aadi Yoga School offers all kinds of yoga courses for students from across the world.